Friday, December 26, 2014

Bachelor Party!

   Hello! This is David, here. Today, I got to spend most of my afternoon with Tyler and have a little bachelor party before I get married in four days! Tyler was craving for some fries, fry sauce, peppermint shakes and a good cheese burger.  So, I went to one of his favorite places and picked it all up and took it back to his room where we had a bachelor party! We listened to music, ate and talked. It was a lot of fun. Tyler and I have found that we have more in common as we both talk about the challenges we face. We seem to draw strength from each other as I share how I overcame challenges of losing my hearing and coping with my new life. I find more strength from him as he takes about coping with his new life. He is a great example!
   I have been helping behind the scenes with this blog with all the design work and making sure everything runs smoothly. While Tyler and I were looking at the blog he mentioned that he never read the first few blog entries made. I asked him if he wanted me to read it to him. He said yes and I decided to share a highlight about this moment.
  I began to read "Miracles 1-7" and the many emotions started to stir within me as I reflect on the first time I read this entry shortly after he was in the hospital. The feeling of peace entered the room and Tyler sat quietly on the bed. After I finished reading it I sat in his wheel chair and he talked about how he remembers seeing Josh Tobler, the man who found him by the cliff. He said, "I remember giving him a fist bump." Smiles filled Tyler's face as he reflected on that moment. Tyler goes on to say that he hopes others will draw strength and inspiration through his journey to recovery.

Keep it up, Tyler! You're awesome!

-David
 

Tyler loving every bite! 

His "Home Alone" face. :) 




















Laughing about all the good times! 

David & Tyler (cousins for life!) 

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you had a great fun in your bachelor party. It reminds me of my nephew’s party at one of popular LA venues. There was a grand gathering that day. All his friend’s and office colleagues were guest that night.

    ReplyDelete